Why I love To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

I am a bit behind the band-wagon with this one because it’s been out forever, but I have watched it more times than I can count and have moved on to forcing other people to watch it with me.

I just really love To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. If you’ve never seen it, I will try my best to keep this spoiler free.


The storyline is, Lara Jean writes secret love letters to the boys she has fancied. These letters then get posted out. One of the letters goes to her big sister’s ex-boyfriend Josh. When he approaches her to discuss the letter, she kisses Peter Kavinsky, so Josh thinks she isn’t in to him anymore. Lara Jean and Peter than come up with plan to fake date so Josh doesn’t realise and to make Peters ex jealous.

I know it’s such a cheesy Netflix Original, but it makes me happy. And below you will find a list of some of my favourite bits.

1. Peter Kavinsky: His intentions towards Lara Jean to start with may not be the best (well neither are hers to be fair) but he is really nice to her and respects all of her boundaries and tries to help her with her fear of relationships. He also agreed to watch Sixteen Candles with her. If that isn’t a win, nothing is.


2. Fear of driving: As someone who has been learning for a year and failed twice, I super relate to Lara Jeans lack of driving skill and it amuses me.

3. Peter's notes: Again, his intentions here are not top notch as the main motivation was to make his ex jealous but the notes he writes are super nice. I especially like that he calls her smart. These are private little notes for only her, he could say anything but choose to say things about her other than how he thinks she looks.

4. It’s a book: I really like when films are originally books. I will admit I haven’t read it yet but I’m going to ask my mum for it for Christmas. Fingers crossed it’s just as good if not better.


5. The hand in the back pocket: I can’t really explain why I like this so much, I just really do. When he does the little spin, it’s cool as hell! I told a guy the other day that I thought it was cool and he was just like “What?” so I doubt anyone will do it to me soon. I also read somewhere that Noah (Peter Kavinsky) use to do that with a real-life girl when he was younger. 

I personally think this is enough reasons to now watch To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before on Netflix and I would very much recommend it.


Comments