Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again

If you want to read sevral paragraphs about how good Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again is you are 100% in the right place.

So the plot is probably a good place to start. Sophie is re building the hotel and trying to make her mum proud while dealing with the distance between her and Sky. We are also flashing backwards to Young Donnas freindship with Tanya and Rosie, her summer romances and how she became pregnant with Sophie in the first place.

Spolier alert Donna is dead so as much as Meryl Streep is in all the promo stuff she has like 2 scenes in the actual film. These scenes did manage to make my sister cry. I personal dont get it but my mum said i have no emotions because she was also close.....

Lily James is such a good Young Donna, she makes me want to run away to Greece, sing Abba songs and make 3 boys fall in love with me. Also where is she buying all these super cute crop tops from!

If we are going to talk about the casting of the younger versions i feel like we need a moment to appreciate Jessica Keenan Wynn. She is spot on as Young Tanya! Thier mannerisms and looks mirror each other incredibly. I have also decided im going to grow up and become Tanya.

My favourite part of the film is when Young Donna and Young Harry sing Waterloo and it is deeply implied that Harry wants to lose his virginty to Donna. Its such a mess of awkwardness from Harry you just want to applaude his effort and tell him everything is going to be okay.

Although i will admit i barley knew any of the songs and the few songs i did know were already used in the first film. As disappointing as this is i dont really care because it is so much fun and even the ones who cant sing (Julie Walters im pointing at you) are loving it so much you love it for them.

I feel like you cant mention Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again with out mentioning Cher. Her version of Fernando is good but her face is so smooth and it doesnt move at all and i just want to touch it becuase it confuses me.

My only complaint is there was not enough of the dads. I really like their odd little friendship and how chill there are with the whole situation. Can we have a spin off of them just on Bill's boat with Harry trying to convince everyone he is spontaneous?!?!

Over all everyone needs to watch this film and if anyone wants to point me to the nearest Young Bill i will fully appreacte that.




Id also just like to say these arnt my photos i got them from IMDB so please dont shout at me.

Comments

  1. You gotta share young Bill (Josh Dylan) as I'm sure he will have gained a bit of a following from this film

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post & review! Agree with you! Enjoyed the movie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment