Its Halloween !

The time of year is upon us again. I can officially start putting together my Halloween costume.

Halloween is my favourite holiday - I might even say I prefer it over Christmas!


I like pumpkin carving and the decorations, and the sweets left over by the trick or treaters, but my favourite bit is the fancy dress! I love planning my costume and doing all my hair and make-up. I think there is not enough fancy-dress events for adults.

I don’t even dress scary half of the time I just dress up as whatever I want. Over the last few years, I’ve done Sandy from Grease, Mary Poppins and Black Swan. I even did that hoe cheerleader thing when your 18 and it’s your first Halloween when you can get in clubs and your aim is to just show as much of your body as you can. You could see the full bottom of my bum and I was living for it.

And hey if we can take a moment to quote Mean Girls: "Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it."

I would never judge someone in a slutty costume, but I will judge you if you’re in a onesie. A ONSIE IS NOT A COSTUME! Also, don’t be a dead something unless you put effort in to it. There is so much exciting stuff you can do with the blood/zombie costume. I’m just very passionate about Halloween okay.

I’m going to sound basic as hell now and say I usually look at Pinterest to start building ideas on what I wanna dress up as. I need to figure out what I can actually do without a hot glue gun and without any amazing make up skill. I just think there are a lot of creative talented people on Pinterest and it’s a good place to brainstorm.

This year we have a very unscary costume again. I’m planning on doing the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. I’ve just ordered my big tulle skirt and I have a bow tie left over from when I was Mary Poppins. I’m really excited to do it. I think it’s going to look really cute even if it’s not very Halloween.

Comments