Shea Moisture Hair Treatment

My hair is long, thick and bleached, so it knots quite easily when it gets wet. Because of this I decided to try Shea Moisture Hair Treatment, recommended for people with dry, damaged and over processed hair.


My aim in using the treatment was to make it a bit easier to brush when wet and more manageable.

I washed my hair and put the treatment on. It advises that you can use it as a normal conditioner and leave it for 5 minutes or you can use it as a treatment and use it for half hour. I decided to use it as a treatment. I had really high expectations of it. And now I wish I hadn’t tried it.

Here’s why:
• It might be because I have a lot of hair, but I had to use a looooot of product.

• I waited half hour, applied heat as recommend, and when I went to wash it off my hair was a big matted mess.

• It just knotted like mad. You brush one bit and then find a new knot had formed somewhere else.

• When my hair was wet, it felt so horrible and squeaky. It reminded me of the time when I was 15 and I washed my hair with fairy liquid because I was told it would remove dye quickly.

• My hair retained so much water it was a joke. I have no idea what that was about, but it took my 40 minutes to blow dry my hair. (it normally takes about 20)

• Now my hair is dry it just feels greasy as hell. I just want to wash my hair again.

• I wouldn’t even say my hair is any softer than my normal conditioner.

• I smell like a posh tea bag.


Usually when I do reviews, I try to include a link but on this one I'm not going to. As a trained hairdresser, I wouldn’t recommend Shea Moisture Hair Treatment to anyone and I have no clue what I’m going to do with the 3/4 of the tub I have left.


Comments

  1. Ditch it if it done that to you. I know how bad your hair is to comb at the best of times I did it enough when you was little xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment