A makeup less week

I have set myself a challenge. I have to go make-up free for a full week.

As someone who wears make-up more or less everyday, there are a few reasons why I want to try this experiment. I want to see if I get more comfortable in myself and I want to see if it will effect my skin at all. I don't have spotty greasy skin or anything but I'm intrested if there is any change.

Wednesday - Day 1: I don't know why I started this on a Wednesday. I think I had the idea and was like "let's go". I feel okay today but I think thats because I'm getting a lift to and from work so won't be in the public.
We are about half way throught the day now and I have just been asked if I am ill so feeling slightly less good.

Thursday - Day 2: After yesterdays ill comment I was a bit more nervous about the no make-up rule today. However I told my friend who sits next to me what I'm doing and she said "she wished she could pull off no make up like I can". So that's quite a positive comment.

Friday - Day 3: What I've noticed the past three days is that my forehead is shiny and not in a cute glowy way. I don't know if it because I usually have powder on or what but it's doing my tree in. 

Saturday - Day 4: Okay so today I have officially failed. I have a full face on but in my defence I'm going to my nephews birthday party and there will be lots of photos and people around.

Sunday - Day 5: We are back on the no make-up thing today. I am off into town to meet my friend. I do wish I had just a tiny bit of concealer on because I have grown two rather red spots but after yesterdays fail I decided I best get back on it. 

Monday - Day 6: I honestly can not wait for this challenge to be done. I am so bored of not wearing my make up. I enjoy putting it on every morning. Everyone's pretty much got used to it now too so they're not commenting on it anymore.

Tuesday - Day 7: I'm so glad this challenge is done! Why did I decide to do this to myself? I don't have any of this new-found confidence I thought I would get. In fact I've actually felt worse about my skin the majority of the week. It has gotten oily and spotty and patchy, essentially all the things it wasnt before.

I'm 100% going back to a full face everyday. I enjoy doing my make up, I like my little morning routine and I will not be doing this again!

Comments