Why I dont drink

One thing I get asked about a lot and seems to deeply confuse people is the fact that I don’t drink. At all. No, not even just one. And to cover any questions that have popped up:

Yes, I have been drunk, when I was 17 and used to sit behind the Corn Exchange.
Yes, I do have fun nights out. I like to dress up and dance.
No, you really won’t be the person who can persuade me.
No, drunk people don’t annoy me (that much).


There are quite a few reasons why I don’t drink. The biggest being my massive fear of being sick. The thought of it absolutely terrifies me, so I avoid anything that can make me sick.

The second biggest decision-maker here is that I just don’t get the appeal. I see people spending sooo much on nights out just to feel rubbish in the morning and not remember what happened the night before. Why does that sound like an enjoyable plan? I can go out with twenty quid for a taxi home and have a really good time. The only thing sore the next morning is my feet.

Thirdly, it doesn’t actually taste nice. I know there’s a lot of different types, and out there somewhere there will be an enjoyable drink, but I’m really not fussed about finding it.


Also, the perk of not drinking on a night out - I remember everything that happens, and I will embarrass you the next morning by telling you.

Something I have also noticed recently as a single person - why is the go-to first date nowadays drinking? What happened to all the good ideas like ice skating or a farm or brunch. I feel like brunch should be more of an option for a date, I really like breakfast foods!


I feel like I have asked a few rhetorical questions in this post so I’ll simmer down now and if anyone can answer any of the questions please feel free to let me know.

Comments

  1. Least I am not the only one out there who’s like this 😩

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment