Tick Tock Unlock Escape Room

On the Friday just gone, all of my team at work went to Tick Tock Unlock, an escape room in the centre of Leeds. 

I have done an escape room before with my sister and, well, we didn’t escape.... Because of this I had minimal faith in my ability to escape this one.
For people who haven’t heard of them before, you’re locked in a room and have to complete range of puzzles to get out. Each puzzle leads you to the next until you have the correct combination to unlock the door.

My manager put together the teams and picked what room we went in. My team was mostly made up of my friends, but we definitely aren’t the smartest bunch. We are mostly blonde.

Our room was Project Pandora. The story behind the room is that a youth serum had gone wrong. All the test subjects where people who was kidnapped because it was denied clinical trials and it made them zombies. The original test subjects had left clues to help you save everyone else.

It is advertised that our room has the choice of a zombie to join you. So, we are walking round figuring everything out and then we hear something shuffling around and we are all like “Bugger, it’s the zombie, it’s going to jump out at us”. We are fully bricking it. We are all bunched together like “It’s coming!! It’s going to come through that door!!” We had boxes in our hands for protection. We wasted like 5 minutes in this corner and the game runner had to message us on the clue screen like “There is no one coming in, carry on.” Apparently, it was very funny to watch us though.

In the end we did not escape, we had to be set free. All of the other teams had finished and where waiting for us and they all cheered when we walked out. In our defence we were on the last clue and the game runner told us we were in the hardest room.

It was so much fun though. The staff we had were so nice as well, they were really helpful at the beginning, explaining everything, and took group photos for us at the end. I would definitely recommend Tick Tock Unlock, just because there are so many different rooms. Another team did Asylum, which sounded terrifying. I want to go back and do as many as I can.

Comments

  1. Sounds like so much fun! I really want to try one myself ������

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment