York races Ebor festivle

Me and my friends decided to go to York Races because we all had posh dresses we wanted to wear but had nowhere to wear them. But I am really glad we went because we had such a good time.

Prep started about 4 days before we went, when the fake tan came out (or in my case gradual tanner) and by Saturday we were sort of ready to go, if not almost a bit late for the train.

My brother works in a Bookies, so he sent me a full list of tips for all the races, in which only one of them won. The winner I had was Lord Glitters which I quite like the name of just because there should be more excuses to wear glitter.

We originally bought tickets to the county stand and we watched a few races in there but with everyone is quite serious in there the atmosphere isn’t as good. So, we ended up in the regular stand which is where we ended up watching most of the races.

The regular stand was so much more fun. Everyone was chanting, cheering and jumping about and we made friends with this big group of lads (who, I’m not going to lie, payed for some of my bets). I did end up with a large amount of dark fruits in my heels.

We then decided to ditch our last train home and go in to York for a night out. All I can say is, I was very happy with myself for having a set of flats in my bag and we will definitely be going again next year.

Comments