Generation dating apps

As someone who has been painfully single for quite a while now, I will admit that I have used dating apps in the past.

Now, I go in with realistic expectations. I fully understand I’m not going to meet my Prince Charming on there. But I get bored and it’s nice to have strangers tell me I’m pretty.

The main aim of the game for, those people in happy and functional relationships, is you swipe left for no and right for yes. You basically do what you have constantly been told not to do and judge a book by its cover.


I judge a person by their use of snapchat filters and whether they look like they would take longer than me to get ready.

I don’t message the boys first on dating apps. I don’t really have a reason why, I just sort of don’t. By doing this, I have noticed that each opener tends to fall in to one of these 3 categories:
Dirty Opener,
Cheesy Chat Up Line,
or just Hey.

I feel like my favourite is the cheesy chat up line. They’re not socially acceptable in real life situations but on an app they work quite nicely. They break the ice and you know they’re a person can have bit of fun.

A dirty opener is definitely going to ask for boob pics and a Hey is just like, really nothing? Couldn’t think of anything better to say?

As a hater of small talk, the next bit can get a bit tricky. You have to find a male who can actually hold a conversation... It sounds simple but can be a challenge. It’s pretty much guaranteed you’re going to get asked, where you went to Uni and where do you work. You get asked this so much I have started to judge the people who ask it.

If you manage to get past all these obstacle and manage to get a date you are still faced with the fact there’s a solid chance you can be ghosted.


Ghosting is literally the most stupid thing our generation has come up with. It’s where you meet up/ go on a date and then you never hear from them eveeeer again, they just disappear. Is our generation that spineless and robotic that we can’t tell someone we don’t fancy them and would rather be friends? There is literally 7 billion people on earth, you cannot fancy everybody, so it is fine to not want a second date. Just grow some balls and tell the other person! Because otherwise you look a bit of a tit.

I understand why dating apps are used so much now, they’re an easy way to talk to people you probably wouldn’t know otherwise. However, I do kinda want to meet someone the old-fashioned way, just so I can tell my dad the truth about how I know him......




P.s these are all screen shots of actual conversations ive had on dating apps. I left the really rude ones out, i like to run a family friendly blog

Comments

  1. Oh my! I'm going thru all of this watching my daughter date in college. I feel so bad for all of u! Dating was hard for me awhile ago, its bs now. Most guys seem to have less respect for themselves let alone for women to date. There so needs to b a class😀💛🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1.  Amelia Wilson said...

      Boys have littually no respect for girls anymore. I do think we have it hard just becuase its so much easer for everyone to cheat and cause drama nowadays becuase social media

      Delete

Post a Comment