Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

I have seen Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald and all I can say is it's amazing ! I'm not going to pretend to know anything about CGI or cinematography but all the magic, flying and creatures just looked incredible.

**Minor spoilers ahead**


The film may be called The Crimes of Grindelwald, but Grindelwald is barely in the film. It is mostly Credence running round Paris trying to figure out who his mother is. It dosen't actually show much about what Grindlewald is up to. Buuuut that's probably to line up a 3rd film and they defintly left the film in a place that does so.

Despite them not showing much about Grindelwald's past, I do love how it's heavily suggested that him and Dumbledore were just a little bit more than friends in school. I'm totally down for this, I'd ship it.

Speaking of love, Leta is a little snake isnt she?! All of her flashbacks show her following Newt around and he has her picture in the first film, but then she goes off and marries his brother? Who even does that? I think she deserved the ending she got. Karma. The family resemblance is strong between Newt and Theseus though isn't it - they both have pretty immaculate cheekbones.....

It was nice to see all of the original gang back together and I like how they all had to find each other again and sort out little arguments before coming back together as a team. I think that's more realastic than them all been in constant contact, especially after Jacob had been obliviated. I would have like to know how Jacob's bakery was going though.


Possibly one of my favourite things about the film is all the little things dropped in from the Harry Potter series. Such as:
- Nagini.
- The Mirror of Erised.
- The boggart and riddikulus spell.
-Dumbledore's sister ( there is some fan theories she is also an Obscurus)
- and my favourite - Nicholas Flamel.

It was a very shocking ending and I am unsure how I feel about it. Credence was finally given a possibe birth name and it's the name of a main character. It is either going to be wonderful or the time lines are gonna get weird and questionable. Either way, I will be there to watch it and find out.

Comments